Mon, 19 Jul|
Bringing Together Short Story Writers | £3/£2
Connect with other LGBTQ+ writers working on short stories. This is an informal online networking session that will also introduce our ongoing WIP opportunities in our Members' Forum. For writers at any stage in their writing journey.
Time & Location
19 Jul 2021, 20:00 – 21:30 BST
About the Event
Paul Bradley-Cong, Artistic Director will facilitate this informal session. He will also introduce the ongoing WIP group opportunity in the Forum.
An informal session to bring together LGBTQ+ writers in a particular genre of form of writing. To encourage networking and support the development of an active WIP Group in our Members’ Forum.
1.Welcome and Introductions.
2.Smaller Groups (up to 6) where each writer gets to talk about their writing, their networks, their resources, any challenges they face; especially in relation to the genre/form.
3. Come back together and feedback any bigger themes of discussion to the whole group.
4. Smaller Groups (up to 6) to look at the LGBTQ+ Writers Resource List and make any suggestions especially in relation to the genre/form. Also, what could Out on the page be doing for writers in this form/genre?
5. Come back together and share thoughts.
6. Facilitator shows attendees how the Forum works and how it could be used to set up and manage a WIP Group. (or spin off and set up your own.)
7. Any further questions or suggestions?
You will have the opportunity to
- Meet other writers in the same genre/form
- Share networks and resources.
- Work through our LGBTQ+ Writers Resource List and make suggestions.
- Ask questions.
- Become a member (free) and be part of an ongoing WIP group .
We want to be accessible to as many LGBTQ+ writers as possible and this ticket price is for writers who would otherwise struggle to be able to attend e.g. low-income, benefits etc. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still unable to afford to access this event at this price.£2.00