Chapbook WIP Session | Free
Time & Location
About the Event
An opportunity to discuss WIP (writing and/or photography) for the Open Call for Submissions for our chapbook 'Queer Writing for a Brave New World’.
The session will be facilitated by Paul Bradley-Cong, Artistic Director. The session will be very much driven by the needs of the writers who attend. We might break down into small groups. It will be a chance to discuss your writing, raise any questions, seek ideas, share excerpts, and support other LGBTQ+ writers (and photographers.)
1.Introduction of the project by Paul.
2. Introductions by attendees including what they specifically want to get from the session.
3.Any Technical/Rules Questions?
4.Questions of Style - exploring the fluidity and freedom of the brief. Any Questions
5.WIP Updates/Discussions in small groups, of up to 4 writers/photographers. Aiming for 15 minutes each.
6. Bringing it all together - a summary of themes coming out from the evening.
7. Encourage and Support - seeing it through. Open Thread in Forum.
8. Update on the Crowdfunder.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Meet other writers working on the project.
- Raise and technical and stylistic questions regarding the brief.
- Share and discuss WIP in a supportive small group setting. Each writer will have equal time allotted to air their project.
- Get a sense of how the project is shaping up, feel part of something collaborative.
- Receive encouragement and support.
- Receive details of the ongoing WIP thread in the Members Forum.
- Receive details of the Crowdfunder progress.