Tue, 22 Jun|
Form Flex Workshop | £12 / £8
Ideal for beginners and experienced writers. Whether you want to beat the block, write for fun or try something new. Write and explore 4 different forms in 80 minutes.
Time & Location
22 Jun 2021, 19:30 – 21:30 BST
About the Event
Join Out on the Page Facilitator Jo Whalley to have fun, try something new and encourage your creative flow to kick start your writing journey or beat the block.
This workshop is ideal for both beginners or experienced writers to explore four different forms, which will include streams of conciousness (morning pages), flash fiction, Haiku and memoir through writing prompts.
When the writing is done there will be time at the end to share work, but only if you feel comfortable to do so, meet and network with other writers.
- Have the opportunity to meet other LGBTQ+ writers who have come into a shared space to write. Read out a short excerpt of your writing from the workshop (only if you want to).
- Explore the facilitator will lead attendees through the characteristics of four different forms, which will include:
- morning pages / streams of consciousness
- flash fiction
- Take part create four pieces of writing with the option to use provided writing prompts and gain support from the session Facilitator who attendees can chat in group or privately to address any questions / blocks that may arise.
- Consider discuss with other LGBTQ+ writers the shared experience of trying different forms and how incorporating the writing of short forms into your writing practice can be useful.
- Build find out about upcoming Out on the Page projects; ask questions, make suggestions.
About the Facilitator
Associate Facilitator Jo rekindled her passion for writing at the age of forty when as a volunteer radio producer for Gaydio she began by writing programme briefs.
Her writing journey and journalistic approach continued with her radio play, the true story of a male rape survivor who contracted HIV in the 90s.
Jo’s creative writing started with a flash fiction piece about Tinnitus which will be published in Commonword’s forthcoming anthology Indivisible.
She likes working with artists and enjoys reformatting her writing to create new homes for her work. She also enjoys reading her work out at events.
Workshop - Form Flex£12.00
Workshop - Form Flex£8.00