Sat, 17 Sept|
Live Theatre - Newcastle upon Tyne
LGBTQ+ Writer Development & Networking Day | Newcastle | Early Bird £20
Join us and New Writing North and connect with other LGBTQ+ writers based in the North of England. Find out more about the Northern Writers Awards and how you might apply. Plus sessions with Guest Writers Jane Claire Bradley and Clare Shaw. £20 EarlyBird Tickets avail. until 15/8/22. Full Price £30.
Time & Location
17 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Live Theatre - Newcastle upon Tyne, 27-29 Broad Chare, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3DQ, UK
About the Event
Out on the Page is a catalyst for change; to connect, develop and promote LGBTQ+ writers and writing.
For LGBTQ+ writers at any stage of their writing journey and writitng in any genre or form.
We want to encourage and support LGBTQ+ writers in Northern England to network and get involved in the New Writers Awards 2023. We’ve partnered with New Writing North.
The day will be facilitated by our Director, Paul Bradley, along with Will Mackie from New Writing North. It will be a relaxed event but we also aim to cover a lot of ground, including:
- meet eachother, tell our writing stories
- find out what Out on the Page and New Writing North has to offer.
- The Northern Writers Awards 2023 and how to apply - what they're looking for. Includes Q&A with a previous winner, Jane Claire Bradley.
- find out from you individually and as a group, what you need
- explore the possibility of a regional network/group of LGBTQ+ writers
- A writer goal setting workshop with Paul
- an introduction to our LGBTQ+ Writers Resource List - free copy provided at the event
- lunch (BYO) - drinks will provided throughout the day
- non-conforming creativity workshop exercise with Jane Claire Bradley
- A session with Clare Shaw on Networking - Community - Mutual Support
However, we know from experience that the greatest benefit comes from giving you time and space to chat and discuss writing with other LGBTQ+ writers.
After the Event
Attendees also get free access to our online LGBTQ+ Writer Network Community for 2022. This is a safe and managed space on our own Slack platform and it's easy to use.
Jane Claire Bradley
Jane Claire Bradley (www.janeclairebradley.com) is an award-winning writer, performer, educator and therapist, based in Manchester. Jane writes fiction, essays and performance poetry, mostly about teenagers, trauma, queerness, class, magic and the uncanny. She is the author of a fiction chapbook, Truth or Dare, and her first novel won the Northern Debut Award from New Writing North.
Clare Shaw (they/them) has four poetry collections with Bloodaxe. Their latest collection Towards a General Theory of Love was awarded a Northern Writer’s Award, and was published in May 2022. Clare is Co-Director of the Kendal Poetry Festival and a regular tutor for Wordsworth Grasmere and the Arvon Foundation.
New Writing North
is the Regional Literature Development Agency. You can find out more about the wide range of resources and support they can provide here. Will Mackie, Senior Programme Manager for Writing and Awards will join us on the day.
Early Bird Ticket
You may need to provide this on the day.£20.00