Sun, 10 Sept|
Writing and Walking Retreats for LGBTQ+ Women | £845-£995
A writing and walking retreat in the Calder Valley for LGBTQ+ women facilitated by experienced television screenwriter and walking guide. 5% Early Bird Discounts Available until 30/6/23. Please note that this retreat is not run by Out on the Page.
Time & Location
10 Sept 2023, 16:00 – 16 Sept 2023, 10:00
Hebden Bridge, Hebden Bridge HX7, UK
About the Event
About the Retreat
- Wildflowers Retreats – is the perfect escape for LGBTQ+ women looking to combine their passion for writing and walking in the stunning surrounds of Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.
- With daily two hour writing workshops covering an introduction to screenwriting, creative fiction and non fiction and easy to moderate guided walks in the afternoons, including trips to Shibden Hall, the home of Anne Lister (aka Gentleman Jack) and Haworth, home of the Bronte Sisters, as well as other inspiring literary locations.
- In addition, there is a guest speaker night (guest speaker tbc but will likely be an established writer), a group film night and two group evening meals included in the price, as well as all accommodation, breakfasts and daily lunches.
- Our accommodation is wheelchair accessible and there is an adjoining room for any person with disabilities who would need to bring an assistant. The place would be free of charge.
- Limited to 15 Places.
- Payment is by a £200 deposit with the balance becoming payable 8 weeks before commencement of the holiday.
- Cost: £995 for single room occupancy with own bathroom, £845 for shared room with bathroom.
- An early bird booking discount applies of 5% up until the end of June 2023.
Wc Sunday 10th September to Saturday 16th September
Wc Sunday 8th October 2023 to Saturday 14th October
Enquiries and Bookings via
or phoning 07951070419 or 07886354182
or tap RSVP to pass your details onto Wildflowers Retreats who will contact you to provide more information and answer any questions you may have.
About Wildflower Retreats
We are a recently established venture offering inspiring writing and walking retreats for women identifying as LGBTQ+ in the beautiful location of Calder Valley. The retreats will be a wonderful opportunity to meet like-minded friends whilst immersing yourself in your own creativity, inspired by the deep literary heritage of LGBTQ+ friendly Hebden Bridge and surrounds.
The writing workshops are suitable for new writers as well as emerging writers keen to create space for themselves whilst learning more about the craft, structure, plot, characterization and the art of storytelling, be that from a screenwriting, creative fiction or creative non fiction perspective. As well as taught workshops there will also be time to work on your own and receive one to one feedback from an experienced television screenwriter – Caroline Mitchell – who has over 250 tv credits on continuing drama. The afternoons will be spent on guided walks in stunning literary locations where fresh inspiration for your work can be found.
Our retreats aim to offer a warm, friendly and inclusive welcome for those looking to develop their creative writing projects in an inspiring part of the UK, whilst making new and interesting connections with like minded creatives.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RETREAT IS NOT RUN BY OUT ON THE PAGE.